There’s a number of things to look out for when it comes to OKR meetings. Keep in mind that these meetings are not a task-performance-evaluation tool - the goal is to review progress, make tweaks in the strategy if needed, and inspire teams to keep up the good work!
- When setting OKRs, do it with teams rather than individually - and make them aspirational but not unrealistic
- Visualize OKR alignment and team collaboration
- Focus on outcomes, not activity check-offs - don’t let things get tasky!
- Call out blockers and identify at-risk KRs early
- Give constructive feedback and recognition
- Celebrate success and failures both!
- Do this on a weekly or fortnightly basis